In-kind product donations
We send all our teams with supplies for our Village. This list is consistently updated and needs are given to our Portland office. Please check back regularly or give us a call at (503)296.9989. Items can be mailed to or dropped off at the Open Arms Office: 5765 SW Hewett Blvd., Portland, OR 97221.
Gifts for Open Arms Village and the Community of Eldoret, Kenya
Round and rectangular folding banquet tables for conferences and banquets (smaller sizes – at least 12)
Jeans (Sizes 2T - Adult 30x30)
Women's skirts (Sizes 3T - Women's Small)
Cookware (2 -3 sets)
Measuring cups and spoons (12 sets)
New towels and sheets (cream color – Queen and twin size – 20 sets
Cutting boards (12)
Cutting knives (6 sets)
Vegetable peelers (6)
Ping pong paddles and balls
Soccer balls (at least 20)
Volley balls (10)
Medical Supplies for the Medical Resource Building
* Gloves, mainly non-latex size medium.
* Antibacterial hand wipes x 40+.
* Children’s chewable vitamins in large quantities. Tablets are better than gummy.
* Alcohol swabs
* Kerlix or Coban
* Butterfly needles – smaller gauge
* Syringes size: 2 cc (with or without needles)
* Batteries of various sizes including AAA, AA, and 9V.
* Large & XL BP cuffs x 2 each.
* Fetal scope (to hear a fetal heart rate)
* Cool mist body/face sprays. (This might seem odd, but our medical teams are working very hard, outside, or in tents. They can see up to 900 patients in one day. )
* Cryogesic Ethyl Chloride spray x4
* Disposable warm packs for IV starts
* Dermal wound cleanser x5
* Pediatric acetaminophen
* Pediatric ibuprofen
OPEN ARMS INTERNATIONAL IS a 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION AND ALL GIFTS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE TO FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
On an annual basis, an independent certified accountant conducts an audit of Open Arms International's. Audited financials are available upon request. We are also a member-in-good-standing of the ECFA – the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
All contributions designated for special projects will be applied to those projects, with up to ten percent used for administering the gift. When we receive more contributions than necessary for a given project, we use those funds to meet a similar need. Contributions are solicited with the understanding that under the direction of our Board of Directors, OAI has complete control over the use of designated funds in furtherance of our mission.
If you have questions, please contact our office by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 503-296-9989.