Medical Resource Building
To enhance lives, bring dignity and improve health by providing excellent Christ-centered medical care which focuses on the body, mind and spirit.
The Medical Resource Building (MRB) at the Open Arms Village in Kenya is designed to function as a Christ-centered basic medical and dental diagnostic and treatment center for the children, house parents, and employees in the village. Its secondary purpose is to provide similar medical and dental care for nearby residents in the communities outside of Open Arms Village.
Our belief is that God is the ultimate physician and healer - Doctors treat but God heals- thus, the Medical Resource Building will be a beacon of light to those who still do not know Him. Providing comfort to the sick and wounded is an opportunity for Open Arms International (OAI) to show respect and compassion at a time in a person’s life when they may be more open to accepting and following Christ.
Services offered at the MRB will be in the following categories:
- Outpatient Care – triage, minor wound treatment, diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses, setting broken bones, management of chronic medical conditions such as diabetes or hypertension, lab tests, etc.
- Inpatient Care – housing of overnight patients for monitoring of their illness, IV antibiotics or fluids, recovery of procedures with the goal of keeping the number of overnight patients to a minimum.
- Pharmaceuticals – dispensing of prescribed and over the counter medications.
- Women’s Healthcare – screening for routine medical problems and chronic conditions, as well as breast exams and pap smears, ob/gyn exams, and labor and delivery services.
- Men’s Healthcare – screening for routine medical problems and chronic conditions, as well as testicular and prostate exams.
- Pediatric Healthcare – wellness checkups, deworming, vaccinations, management of acute and chronic illness, and minor outpatient treatments.
- Dental Care – screenings and exams, cleanings, x-rays, and performance of minor services such as extractions and fillings. This will be staffed by a hygienist on a regular basis and by rotating professionals when possible.
- Optometry Care – screenings and exams, providing both prescription and reading eye glasses as available when staffed by rotating professionals.
- Ambulance Services – necessary to transport more life threatening cases to a full service hospital.
- Education – an important part of the mission of the MRB is to educate the local community on the importance of maintaining good health, nutrition, oral hygiene and sanitary living conditions through the use of educational workshops.
Services Not Provided – major surgery, trauma services, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery/procedures, NICU/PICU, isolation, physical therapy & rehab, drug & alcohol treatment.
Updates from the Medical Resource Building
Join the Vision for the Future
Medical Resource Building Opening Soon!
Skilled Medical Professionals Needed When We Open:
- Medical Doctors / Surgeons
- Dentists / Dental Professionals (DDS, DMD, RDH, RDA)
- Other Medical Professionals (Therapists, Pharmacists, Radiology, Lab Technicians, etc.)
- Medical Students
- Dental Students