Kambi Teso Outreach
Kambi Teso is a slum outside the city of Eldoret, Kenya. Poverty runs rampant, leaving thousands who live there without life's basic necessities. Due to the extreme need in this area, Open Arms operates three outreach programs.
Kambi Teso Feeding Program Provides:
- A hot, nutritious meal five days a week to nearly 300 children. For many, this is their only meal for the day.
- Consistent, caring relationships with the Open Arms Staff who go above and beyond to check for welfare, medical and social issues that may arise.
- Bible teaching and singing. We believe that feeding the spirit is just as important as feeding the body.
Eldoret has an estimated unemployment rate of 65% - Open Arms International
Kambi Teso Women's mentoring Provides:
- Basic life skills, hygiene, and business training.
- Small micro loans for women to start their own businesses - so they can provide for their families.
- Weekly Bible studies to help them grow spiritually in their Christian faith.
(Note: In Kambi Teso, women are typically the sole providers for their family. Yet, women are also often uneducated, and unable to provide for their families.)
Kambi Teso Early Childhood Development (ECD) Provides:
- A safe place for young children to be during the day. If they are not in school, the children in Kambi Teso often end up wandering the streets alone.
- A quality Christian education to give children hope for their future.
- A way for young children to go to primary school - there are no other ECD's in Kambi Teso. Most families cannot send their children to an offsite school. Without ECD training, children cannot start primary school. Without an education, these children will continue in the cycle of poverty and hopelessness.
Join the Vision for the Future
Together, we can meet the immediate physical and educational needs of the children living in the Kambi Teso slum.
We can empower women to care for their families.
Partner with us, as we expand all our programs, and show the love of Christ to thousands more!