Partner with Open Arms International when you send supplies to Kenya! All team members carry supplies for OAI when they travel. YOU can help! Items can be mailed to or dropped off at the Open Arms Office: 5765 SW Hewett Blvd., Portland, OR 97221. Below is the list of items needed:
Supplies for the Village
- Children's jeans
- Children's shoes
- Children's underwear (sizes 2T-14, both boys and girls)
- Black socks (sizes 3T through 18 years)
- Church dresses for girls age 6-12
- Crocs (size 2T through 18 years)
- Knitted/crocheted washclothes (10x10 in)
- Quilts (77x40 in)
Supplies for Medical Outreach
- Cotton balls
- Non-latex gloves
- Antibacterial hand wipes
- Children’s chewable vitamins (tablets, no gummies please)
- Alcohol swabs
- Kerlix or Coban
- Butterfly needles – smaller gauge
- Syringes size: 2 cc (with or without needles)
- Batteries of various sizes including AAA, AA, and 9V.
- Large & XL BP cuffs x 2 each.
- Fetal scope (to hear a fetal heart rate)
- Cool mist body/face sprays. (This might seem odd, but our medical teams are working very hard, outside, or in tents. They can see up to 900 patients in one day. )
- Cryogesic Ethyl Chloride spray x4
- Disposable warm packs for IV starts
- Dermal wound cleanser
- Pediatric acetaminophen
- Pediatric ibuprofen
Support Open Arms while shopping online on Amazon
The AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of every eligible purchase to the charity of your choice. You can link your Amazon account to Open Arms International today.
- Go to www.smile.amazon.com (**please note: it is not amazon.com**)
- To select Open Arms International as your charity, enter 'Open Arms International' in the box titled 'select your own charity'
- Amazon will remember your charity selection for future purchases.
- Note: You must begin your search from smile.amazon.com for any contribution to be made.
Support Open Arms while shopping at Fred Meyer
Fred Meyer donates $2.5 million a year to nonprofits in the Pacific Northwest. Here’s how the Community Rewards program works:
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Open Arms International: CLICK HERE.
- Search for 'Open Arms International' or use our non-profit number: 82629.
- Now, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, we receive a donation!
- You still earn Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates – Just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card yet, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- Note: You must re-enroll every August
OPEN ARMS INTERNATIONAL IS a 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION AND ALL GIFTS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE TO FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
On an annual basis, an independent certified accountant conducts an audit of Open Arms International's. Audited financials are available upon request. We are also a member-in-good-standing of the ECFA – the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
All contributions designated for special projects will be applied to those projects, with up to ten percent used for administering the gift. When we receive more contributions than necessary for a given project, we use those funds to meet a similar need. Contributions are solicited with the understanding that under the direction of our Board of Directors, OAI has complete control over the use of designated funds in furtherance of our mission.
If you have questions, please contact our office by writing to email@example.com or calling 503-296-9989.