+ Give Online
+ Give By Phone
You can call the Open Arms Office (503.296.9989) between 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Pacific Time) Monday-Friday, and begin transforming Africa today!
+ By Check
If you prefer sending a check, you can send your check payable to "Open Arms International" to: 5765 SW Hewett Blvd., Portland, OR 97221.
+ Online Banking
Call the Open Arms office or use the Bill Pay Option online at your bank to set up a one-time or recurring gift!
In-kind product donations
We send all our teams with supplies for our Village. Items can be mailed to or dropped off at the Open Arms Office: 5765 SW Hewett Blvd., Portland, OR 97221. Below is the list of items needed:
+ Gifts for our Medical Team
- Gloves, mainly non-latex size medium.
- Antibacterial hand wipes x 40+.
- Children’s chewable vitamins in large quantities. Tablets are better than gummy.
- Alcohol swabs
- Kerlix or Coban
- Butterfly needles – smaller gauge
- Syringes size: 2 cc (with or without needles)
- Batteries of various sizes including AAA, AA, and 9V.
- Large & XL BP cuffs x 2 each.
- Fetal scope (to hear a fetal heart rate)
- Cool mist body/face sprays. (This might seem odd, but our medical teams are working very hard, outside, or in tents. They can see up to 900 patients in one day. )
- Cryogesic Ethyl Chloride spray x4
- Disposable warm packs for IV starts
- Dermal wound cleanser x5
- Pediatric acetaminophen
- Pediatric ibuprofen
+ Gifts for the Village
- Playground equipment
- Patio furniture (6-8 sets)
- Office cubicle walls (at least a 2 dozen cubicles)
- Leather or durable fabric sofas (preferably couch sets in neutral colors – at least 6 sets)
- 100 fold up chairs
- A digital projector
- 2 projector screens
- Office desks (several)
- Office chairs (at least 6-8)
- Round and rectangular folding banquet tables for conferences and banquets (smaller sizes – at least 12)
- Cutlery for 60 people
- Dishes for 60 people in complete sets of 8 (preferably sturdy dishes)
- File cabinets ( 4-4 drawer and 4 2 drawer)
- Cloth diapers
- Children’s jeans
- Children’s shoes
- Commercial size pots and pans (4 sets)
- Cookware (2 -3 sets)
- Cooking utensils
- Mixing bowls (6)
- Serving dishes (6)
- Measuring cups and spoons (12 sets)
- New towels and sheets (cream color – Queen and twin size – 20 sets
- Exercise equipment
- Yoga mats (4)
- Massage tables (2-3)
- Stationary bikes (2)
- Simply fit twister boards (4)
- Barbells and hand weights
- Resistance bands
- Self generating or battery powered exercise equipment
- BBQs (3 gently used)
- Colanders (4)
- Strainers (4)
- Cutting boards (12)
- Cutting knives (6 sets)
- Vegetable peelers (6)
- Foos ball tables (2)
- Ping pong tables – foldable
- Ping pong paddles and balls
- Soccer balls (at least 20)
- Volley balls (10)
+ Support Open Arms while shopping online on Amazon
The AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of every eligible purchase to the charity of your choice. You can link your Amazon account to Open Arms International today.
- Go to www.smile.amazon.com (please note: it is not amazon.com)
- To select Open Arms International as your charity, enter 'Open Arms International' in the box titled 'select your own charity'
- Amazon will remember your charity selection for future purchases.
- Note: You must begin your search from smile.amazon.com for any contribution to be made.
+ Support Open Arms while shopping at Fred Meyer
Fred Meyer donates $2.5 million a year to nonprofits in the Pacific Northwest. Here’s how the Community Rewards program works:
- Link your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Open Arms International here.
- Search for 'Open Arms International' or use our non-profit number: 82629.
- Now, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, we receive a donation!
- You still earn Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates – Just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card yet, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- Note: You must re-enroll every August
OPEN ARMS INTERNATIONAL IS a 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION AND ALL GIFTS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE TO FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
On an annual basis, an independent certified accountant conducts an audit of Open Arms International's. Audited financials are available upon request. We are also a member-in-good-standing of the ECFA – the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
All contributions designated for special projects will be applied to those projects, with up to ten percent used for administering the gift. When we receive more contributions than necessary for a given project, we use those funds to meet a similar need. Contributions are solicited with the understanding that under the direction of our Board of Directors, OAI has complete control over the use of designated funds in furtherance of our mission.
If you have questions, please contact our office by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 503-296-9989.