For the protection of our children and as their legal guardian, Open Arms International asks you as a sponsor to respect the communication policies we have established. This is also for your protection.
We ask that you refrain from ANY form of contact with your sponsored child outside of regulated communication through the Open Arms International office and staff. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Not becoming their friend on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or any other social media platform – EVEN IF they send you a request.
- Not sending them personal communication via email, phone, Skype, Whatsapp, etc.
- Not including personal details such as your address, phone number, or email address in your letters.
Instead, we ask you to communicate with your child through the Open Arms staff in the following ways:
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By sending a card or small gift to 5765 SW Hewett Blvd. Portland, OR 97221
- By connecting with our Sponsorship Coordinator on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/oaifamilyroom/)