Open Arms Village recently hosted a Youth Rally inviting children from various churches in the Mlango area, including our Church at the Village.
Our goals were simple and straightforward:
- Encourage young people (whether they have professed a faith or not) to learn more about faith and to develop their spiritual life.
- Empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the church community.
- Foster the personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
- Provide youth clubs or other activities for the common good of the young people, without a constant overtly religious agenda.
With these goals in mind, we organized the rally and sent invitations with the theme Youth with a Destiny! For two days, we nurtured over 300 talented, fun-loving students with worship, presentations, discussion time, and many sport activities. We feel the event went really well, and all who attended were blessed, motivated, and educated on spiritual and real life issues. It was full of fun and many of them are looking forward to future events like this one.
Sauti Sol visits Open Arms
Open Arms Village was recently visited by Sauti Sol, one of Kenya's top singing groups.
As you may have heard, Open Arms International will be hosting their first ever Fundraising Relay Race in Eldoret - the Rift Valley Relay. This exciting event will happen on March 4th, 2017. (Click here to learn more)
Sauti Sol was touched by the Open Arms Village and our surrounding outreach programs. The group has accepted a role as ambassadors for the Rift Valley Relay and will be participating in a concert after the race. They are also eager to help in many other ways. We are excited about their support and their heart for the ministry!